Internship in USA
J1 Visa-Only Application Form
In case you have already secured an internship with a US company and are wondering how to go about arranging your visa, we can advise and arrange the visa for you. The J1 exchange visitor visa will allow you to stay in the United Stated for 3 to 18 months. Its main aim is to promote mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by educational and cultural exchanges.
The Program is designed to allow foreign professionals to come to the United States to gain exposure to U.S. culture and to receive training in U.S. business practices in their chosen occupational field. Foreign nationals have had the opportunity to train with some of the finest employers in the U.S., gaining real time experience in their chosen career fields. Upon completion of their exchange programs, participants are expected to return to their home countries to utilize their newly learned skills and knowledge to advance their careers and share their experiences with their communities.
The State Department allows training programs in the following occupational categories:
- Agriculture, Forestry, and Fishing;
- Arts and Culture;
- Construction and Building Trades;
- Education, Social Sciences, Library Science, Counseling and Social Services;
- Health Related Occupations;
- Hospitality and Tourism;
- Information Media and Communications;
- Management, Business, Commerce and Finance;
- Public Administration and Law;
- The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics, and Industrial Occupations.
Am I eligible to participate?
One of the following criteria must be fulfilled to meet the J1 requirements:
- Currently enrolled in and pursuing studies at a foreign degree - or certificate-granting post-secondary academic institution outside the United States, or
- Graduated from such an institution no more than 12 months prior to his or her exchange visitor programme start date.
- A degree or professional certificate from a foreign post-secondary academic institution and at least one year of prior related work experience in his or her occupational field outside the United States, or
- Five years of work experience outside the United States in the occupational field in which they are seeking training.
- After you have started the application process and submitted your initial online application, we will screen your CV/resume if your profile meets the eligibility criteria.
- We will contact you to get contact details as well as general information about your host organization. Further we will request the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- 2 Photographs - 1 passport-size and 1 professional demeanor photos
- University Attendance Letter or Diploma or Current Enrollment Certificate
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
- Once the eligibility of your employer is confirmed, the booking fee needs to be balanced to enroll in the program. Now we will send you all necessary documents to complete.
- Once all documents are have been completed and returned by e-mail, the DS 2019 form will be issued and send to your home address with 1-2 weeks.
- As soon as the DS form is issued, you should book an appointment with your local US embassy to have your visa interview.
- If the interview is passed, your visa will be issued and you can safely book your flight to start your internship!
The program includes:
- J-1 visa documentation;
- Program orientation;
- Intern/Trainee Handbook;
- 24-hour toll-free emergency phone number (1-800-432-4643);
- Program administration and online resource service.
Global Choices. Contact information
Global Choices, 146 Omega Works, 4 Roach Road, London E3 2GY, United Kingdom
Tel: (+ 44) 208 533 2777 (UK)
Tel.: (+1) 646 929 4656 (USA)
Fax: (+ 44) 870 330 5955