Spain - Teaching
Applicants must be at least 18 years old (there is no upper age limit) and the language you will be teaching must be your native tongue.
Anyone can apply for this placement as long as they are willing to learn and are enthusiastic individuals. Being able to speak Spanish would be a bonus but is by no means a prerequisite, as you will be expected to communicate in French, German or English. In many cases, the host family prefers it if you don’t speak any Spanish, as it will improve their skills in the other language.
How to apply for a programme?
Read carefully the programme description and eligibility criteria. Then fill out the online application form and wait for confirmation by our programme coordinator.
We appoint a programme coordinator to lead you through the rest of the application process until you are successfully placed.
You communicate with your programme coordinator and exchange all necessary documents and forms. Once the placement is confirmed you will need to purchase insurance and pay the remaining programme balance together with other fees (if appropriate).
- A valid passport (along with a photocopy of it);
- 3 passport-sized photos;
- A character reference and a reference from a previous employer;
- You will need to prepare a “Dear Host Family” letter, which is a letter with details on who you are and your hobbies and interests, so the host family can make a decision on whether you will fit into their home;
- A medical certificate which states that you are in good health;
- You will need to get medical and travel insurance. This you can purchase through Global Choices, details of which you can find on our website.
Work permits and visa
EU nationals do not need a work permit or visa for Spain. Nationals of other countries should check with their local consulates to see if they would require a visa.
The programme runs year round. However, you must apply at least two months in advance.
Our Participants Speak / Testimonials
Kate - UK
"Thank you for all the info, you have been really really helpful! I got through to my family on the mobile this evening and I am going to meet up with them in London while they're here. They sounded really nice, thanks again. I had to think on my toes speaking Spanish on the phone"
Global Choices. Contact information
Global Choices, 146 Omega Works, 4 Roach Road, London E3 2GY, United Kingdom
Tel: (+ 44) 208 533 2777 (UK)
Tel.: (+1) 646 929 4656 (USA)
Fax: (+ 44) 870 330 5955
Online near you:
We are glad to be affiliated and associated with the following organisations:
Find out more about Global Choices affiliations