Canada - Work and Study
Option 1: Tourism and Hospitality English. This comprehensive practical course provides students with essential language skills for confident and professional communication with customers in hotels, restaurants, airports or tourist attractions. In addition to an English for Tourism & Hospitality certificate, students also learn strategies for language fluency and gain valuable knowledge in the following areas: grammar, vocabulary, pronounciation, useful English, conversation skills and job skills.
Option 2: Programme is suitable for recent high school graduates and college/university students who are seeking Canadian education and experience and for junior managers in the hospitality management, culinary management or tourism industry. Up to 24 weeks of credits from the student’s previous education can be transferred towards in-class introductional hours.
(Programmes are available only in Vancouver city).
Combined with option 1: This work placement programme gives you an opportunity to live and work in one of Canada’s top resorts, or experience Vancouver – one of the most lively cities in the world. This programme allows you to pay off your expenses thanks to the paid job, meet people from all around the world and improve your English.
Combined with option 2: Work placement in relevant fields of studies – hospitality, tourism, culinary or business management jobs in different Vancouver restaurants, hotels etc.
If a student is interested in the culinary industry, a mixture of hotel restaurant placement and individual fine dining restaurants could be arranged.
Suitable for option 1:
- 6 months programme – 2 months of studies + 4 months of internship;
- 8 months programme – 3 months of studies + 5 months of internship;
- 12 months programme – 4 months of studies + 8 months of intership;
Suitable for option 2:
- 2 years programme – 49 weeks of class + 49 weeks of internship (without any credit transfer);
- 2 years programme – 25 weeks of class + 73 weeks of internship (with a maximum 24 weeks credit transfer from the previous education).
Summary of Conditions
|Work and Study Canada - Summary of Conditions|
|Type of placement||Hospitality related jobs (hotels, restaurants, airports or tourist attractions etc.)|
|Salary (other benefits)||$8 to $14 an hour and will be paid every two weeks.|
|Accommodation||Homestay housing option.|
|Location of job placement||Vancouver.|
|Duration of the placement||From 6 months to 2 years.|
|When to apply?||All year round.|
|Eligibility. Who can apply?|| All applicants must be 18-35 years old.
Application process in more detail.
|Visa required||Study Permit, Work Permit in Canada.|
Registration fee – $200
1) $18 422;
2) $10 841;
Registration fee – $500
|Cancellation|| Option 1: $400 non refundable in case of visa denial.
1) Cancellation after received confirmation letter or visa refusal – full refund except non-refundable registration fee;
2) Cancellation after visa granted – 60% refund + registration fee;
3) Cancellation after arrival – no refund.
|APPLY for the programme & BOOK online!|
Global Choices. Contact information
Global Choices, 146 Omega Works, 4 Roach Road, London E3 2GY, United Kingdom
Tel: (+ 44) 208 533 2777 (UK)
Tel.: (+1) 646 929 4656 (USA)
Fax: (+ 44) 870 330 5955