USA - Internship / Training
Internship Training USA is a fantastic opportunity to experience the working and living culture of the United States at first hand, gaining valuable insights into American business culture and the practices and methodologies of the world’s biggest economy. You will be employed by a US company, officially accredited by the Department of State for the period of 3-18 months. In this organization, you will be gradually trained to take up a challenging role and responsibility according to your preferences and capabilities. This programme will give you the necessary skills, knowledge and maturity to tackle your bright future laying ahead. We believe in excellence and we believe in people making it happen.
"He that waits upon fortune is never sure of a dinner."
~ Benjamin Franklin
The Internship Training USA programme placements are adjusted to the amount of the applicant’s academic and work experience and therefore offer two choices:
A structured and guided, work-based learning in the participant’s academic experience and study for a maximum of 1 year.
A structured and guided, work-based learning which enhances and builds upon the participant’s practical experience in his/her chosen professional field for the maximum of 18 months.
Am I eligible to apply?
One of the following criteria must be fulfilled to meet the J1 requirements:
- Be currently enrolled in a degree- or certificate-granting post-secondary academic institution outside the U.S. and finished their second year of study before the programme start date, or
- Graduated from such an institution (minimum 2-year degree course) no more than 12 months prior to his or her exchange visitor programme start date.
- A degree or professional certificate from a foreign post-secondary academic institution and at least one year of prior related work experience in his or her occupational field outside the United States, or
- Five years of work experience outside the United States in the occupational field in which they are seeking training.
|Internship Training USA - Summary of Conditions
|Type of job
||Internship placements in various fields. (see below)
|Salary (other benefits)
||Paid positions average pay rate: $1300 per month (varies depending on role, location and occupational sector)
||Various accommodation schemes are available.
|Location of job placement
||USA, various locations.
|Duration of the placement
||3 - 18 months. Up to 12 months for agricultural placements.
|When to apply?
||All applications should be submitted 8 weeks prior to preferred entry date. Start dates are all year round/depending on positions.
|Eligibility. Who can apply?
- Fluent in English;
- Be between the ages of 21-35 (18-35 for hospitality placements).
International Student Internship Programme (Intern)
- Currently enrolled in a degree- or certificate-granting post-secondary academic institution outside the U.S and finished their second year of study before the programme start date.
OR Have graduated from such an institution (minimum 2-year degree course) within 12 months of programme start date;
- Repeat participation - yes, if still a student or recent graduate.
International Practical Training Programme (Trainee)
Check Application process in more detail.
- A degree or professional certificate from a foreign postsecondary academic institution (minimum 2-year degree course) and at least one year of related professional experience acquired outside the U.S.
OR Five years of related professional experience acquired outside the U.S.
- Repeat participation - yes, but must wait at least 2 years after the end of previous J-1 Training Programme.
Check programme cost and refund policy
||Check programme cost and refund policy
|APPLY for the programme & BOOK online!
Internship placement details
The placement is selected according to your experience and the thoroughness in completing your application during the placement process, your level of English and the business’ desire and need to host an intern. It is your responsibility to provide as much detail as possible about yourself in the application process. Global Choices does its utmost to match the applicant’s professional objectives with the most appropriate host business.
Positions are available in the following disciplines:
- Hospitality and Tourism;
- Agriculture, Forestry, and Fishing;
- Management, Business, Commerce and Finance;
- Information Media and Communications;
- Public Administration and Law;
- The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics, and Industrial Occupations;
- Social Sciences;
- Arts and Culture;
- Construction and Building Trades;
- Education, Social Sciences, Library Science, Counseling and Social Services;
- Health Related Occupations;
You may request a specific region or community in which you would like to be placed. Global Choices cannot guarantee your requested region/community, however.
The following is a list of regions where we place participants:
- U.S. East Coast Region: New England, New York, Florida, Kentucky, Ohio;
- U.S. Middle Region: Missouri, Oklahoma, Illinois, Nebraska, Kansas;
- U.S. South Western/Rocky Mountain Region: Colorado, Nevada;
- U.S. West Coast Region: Washington, Oregon; California, Hawaii, Alaska.
Our Participants Speak / Testimonials
Ksenija L. - Lithuania
I am absolutely satisfied with my training here because I have already got a lot of valuable experience. After this [training program], I will be able to offer to my future Lithuanian employers valuable American-based management and communication skills. Some knowledge and view-points about American social and economic life will also benefit my prospects for a future career [in Lithuania], because business becomes more and more international.
Hemal Patel - United Kingdom
I would like to thank you very much for your services, making the whole process easier than I would have imagined.
Thank you, Kind Regards, Hemal
Global Choices. Contact information
Global Choices, 146 Omega Works, 4 Roach Road, London E3 2GY, United Kingdom
Tel: (+ 44) 208 533 2777 (UK)
Tel.: (+1) 646 929 4656 (USA)
Fax: (+ 44) 870 330 5955
Online near you:
We are glad to be affiliated and associated with the following organisations:
Find out more about Global Choices affiliations